This classic concoction is the Italian version of the meat-lovers’ pizza. To maintain classic status, be sure to use ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and the best charcuterie available
Nobody can resist a good slice of pizza. Capricciosa is one of the best pizza on the market. Its main ingredient is Prosciutto. Prosciutto enhances the flavour and makes Capricciosa tempting for every age group. Capricciosa is a classic Italian Pizza. The main ingredients are mozzarella cheese, Prosciutto, mushrooms, artichoke and fresh tomatoes. Some people also love to put olive oil, olives, basil leaves and eggs in it too. I have never seen who doesn’t likes pizzas. Capricciosa makes the adult people remember the good old times. All these ingredients combine to make a pizza that tastes like heaven.
You can just imagine the aroma coming out of the oven when it is baked. It takes about thirty minutes to make it. Every ingredient is essential for the best pizza but I believe the Prosciutto is the most important. Prosciutto is made from the hind legs of pigs and the thing that makes it different from ordinary ham is the dry-curing process. This makes the meat enhances the flavour and makes the taste buds go mad. You can get Capricciosa in almost every pizzeria. A crucial stage for the pizza-making process is the dough preparation. You have to knead it in the right way and for the right time to make the yeast ferment. The yeast makes the pizza to rise. Another aspect that makes the pizza popular is the meat choice. Everyone likes Prosciutto and if you put Prosciutto on top of a pizza, then it is a deadly combination.
So, what are you waiting for? Give your taste buds the time of their lives and try the special pizza i.e. the Capricciosa. It will be worth every penny and you will thank me later.
- 1 x 30-cm (12-in) Crispy pizza base
- 350g (12oz) mixed ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 100g (31/2oz) chestnut mushrooms, thinly
- 50g (2oz) pepperoni slices
- 50g (2oz) salami slices
- 50g (2oz) prosciutto slices
- 50g (2oz) black olives
- 150g (5oz) mozzarella, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the pizza base so it is ready to be topped. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas mark 7.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and place in a sieve over a bowl. Press the tomatoes firmly with the back of a spoon to release as much liquid as possible. Sprinkle with salt (and a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes aren’t very sweet) and leave to drain for a further 10 minutes.
- Spoon the tomatoes over the base, leaving about 1-2-cm (1/2-1/4-in) uncovered around the edge, and sprinkle with crushed garlic. Top with the remaining ingredients and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden. Serve immediately.