SUPREME, as the name suggests is the gourmet pizza. The exciting colours of the toppings scintillate the eyes and the burst of all sweet and tangy flavours together tantalizes the tongue even more. You get the best of all worlds!!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 30 min. MAKES: 12 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).