This pizza is covered with seafood. It takes a little longer to prepare, and probably a little longer to eat — but it’s worth it!
Frutti de mare is a great treat for the people who love to eat seafood. I am sure, you will love it after eating it once. Mussels and clams are the delicious and healthy seafood around us with good amount of calories in it. These two seafood are really healthy and delicious to eat. Frutti de mare pizza is tasty and healthy one only because of the seafood as a topping.
It takes time to make this pizza, and eat this pizza as well but the deliciousness of it worth more than the time. It takes time to clean and boil the mussels and clams for making them ready to join the topping of the pizza. Prawn, spicy tomato sauce, chopped flat-leaf parsley, sea-salt, virgin olive oil, ground black pepper, and garlic are the main ingredients of it. All of these ingredients are highly nutritious and healthy to eat along with pure taste.
The crunchy pizza base heats up in the oven at 220 degree centigrade until it gets ready for the topping. The mussels and clams are cleaned up in the large pan and then boiled for 1-2 minutes. The pizza is now ready for the topping by spreading sauce on it and putting seafood, parsley, olives, black pepper, garlic, and prawn. Pizza takes some heat again until it gets golden and crispy.
Conclusively, it is the best seafood pizza for the people who love to eat fast food on regular basis. Frutti de mare has an esteem look which makes it more attractive. Seafood is a healthy option as it contains a lot calories and this pizza is full of nutrition.
Make 1 Pizza
- 1 x 30-cm (12-in) Crispy pizza base
- 125m1 (4fl oz) Spicy tomato sauce
- 100g (31/2oz) small mussels, in their shells and well rinsed
- 100g (31/2oz) clams, in their shells and well rinsed
- 6-8 whole raw prawns
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7. Prepare the pizza base so it is ready to be topped.
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil. Run the mussels and clams under cold running water and discard any that do not close when tapped sharply. Remove any beards and barnacles from the mussels. Quickly boil the mussels and clams in the water, for 1-2 minutes or until steamed open, then drain well. Discard any that do not open. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the base leaving a 1-2-cm (1/2-1/4-in) border uncovered around the edge. Scatter over the well-drained mussels and clams evenly and then add the prawns. Scatter over the garlic and half of the parsley and season well. Drizzle with oil and cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 10-12 minute/ or until crispy and golden around the edges.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining parsley