One of life’s simple pleasures — bread served with cheese. Accompany this pizza with a good Chianti and I assure you you’ll be happy!
Quattro formaggi means “four cheeses” which shows this pizza is full of yummy cheese. The four cheeses are mozzarella, gorgonzola, parmesan, and creamy cheese. So, it is a pleasant appetizer for the cheese lovers and I think everyone loves cheese.
The ingredients of this pizza are quite tasty, healthy, delicious, crispy, and yummy as well. The ingredients include 12 inches pizza base, 75g whey ricotta which is an Italian cheese, 50g mozzarella, 50g sliced gorgonzola, 30g parmesan, and ground black pepper. Black pepper is really an amazing flavor to add in the pizza as it tastes quite well.
The recipe for the Quattro formaggi pizza is quite simple and quick. Heat up the pizza base in the oven at 220 degree centigrade. Firstly, add the ricotta all over the base leaving half inch area. Add the mozzarella, and gorgonzola slices by scattering them all over. Lastly, cover the pizza base with the parmesan cheese. Now, achieve the golden and crispy physique of the pizza by heating it up for 10-12 minutes in the middle of the oven. Now, remove it from the oven and add grind black pepper on top immediately. The pizza is ready to serve as a delicious appetizer with beautiful fragrance.
I think you would love to try it at your home as it is a simple, creamy, crispy, and tasty pizza with a lot cheese which makes it yummy as well. I am huge lover of this pizza and I recommend you people to try it at least once. You know, cheese is the best appetizer for me and for you people as well.
- 1 x 30-cm (12-in) Crispy pizza base
- 75g (21/4oz) ricotta
- 50g (2oz) mozzarella, sliced 50g (2oz) Gorgonzola, sliced
- 30g (11/4oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the pizza base so it is ready to be topped. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas mark 7.
- Put spoonfuls of ricotta here and there all over the pizza leaving a 1-2-cm
- (1/2-3/4-in) border uncovered around the edge. Scatter over the mozzarella and Gorgonzola slices and finally, sprinkle over the Parmesan. Cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove from the oven, season with black pepper and serve immediately.
Sprinkle over a handful of basil leaves or rocket for a bit of colour just before serving.