Quattro stagioni means “four seasons”, and this pizza should be made with the toppings placed in four sections, representing each season. However, if you are sharing the pizza it makes more sense to distribute the ingredients around more evenly so everybody gets a little bit of everything
Ingredients - Make 1 Pizza
- 1 x 30-cm (12-in) Crispy pizza base
- 75gm (21/2fl oz) Quick classic tomato sauce
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 50g (2oz) small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 8-12 black olives, stoned
- 4-6 anchovy fillets
- 150g (5oz) mozzarella, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the pizza base so it is ready to be topped. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas mark 7.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza base, leaving about 1-2-cm (1/2-1/4-in) uncovered around the edge. Tear the Parma ham into strips and place over the sauce. Evenly scatter all the remaining ingredients (except the mozzarella and oil) over the ham and finally top with the sliced mozzarella.
- Cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.