Imagine waking up in the morning to the aroma of bacon, eggs – and pizza! Indeed, it’s hard to imagine a more fun way to do breakfast than blending a few morning favourites with one of the most popular dinner dishes. That’s why the Bacon Egg Pizza is the perfect breakfast pizza recipe (and of course, bacon pizza is pretty popular among kids). It’s easy to make, offers plenty of protein to get your day started and (best of all) taste great!
No breakfast pizza recipe is complete without bacon and eggs, which serve as the main toppings for our pizza pie. We’ll be sprinkling them right over the flakey scone base (more on that later). It’ll only take two of each, and we’ll be chopping each down before beating them together with a little onion and milk. Then, we’ll be seasoning the blend with salt and pepper for a touch of perfection.
For a little-added zest and nutrition, we’ve included a finely sliced spring onion. It does a great job of complimenting the breakfast favourites. It’s also a must-have topping for any pizza recipe! Besides, onions contain important nutrients to getting your day started the right way.
If you like, feel free to add some cheddar cheese to your breakfast pizza recipe! We recommend one ounce to top off your blend of bacon, eggs and onion. It’ll add some extra calcium to your breakfast. It’s also the perfect addition to the other toppings in our bacon egg pizza.
It’s all topped on a scone base for that perfectly fluffy finish to your bacon egg pizza. We’ve seen breakfast scones made popular in recent years by such food chains as Starbucks. Although they’re usually accompanied by fruit, we decided to go one step further and use it as the crust for our breakfast pizza recipe. You’ll be glad we did!
Once it’s in the oven, your bacon egg pizza will be ready to enjoy in only 12-16 minutes. If you have any left over, feel free to enjoy it another morning hot or cold!
- 1 x 25-cm (10-in) Quick scone base
- 2 thin slices bacon, chopped into small cubes
- 30g (oz) grated Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the Quick scone base by pinching up the edges to form a rim about 1cm (1/2in) high. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Evenly scatter the bacon over the base. If using the cheese scatter it over the bacon at this point. Beat the eggs, spring onion and milk together in a small jug and season well with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon, ensuring it does not spill over the rim.
- Put straight into the preheated oven and cook for 12-16 minutes or until the egg has set and the base is cooked. Serve warm or cold.