The charred and smoky flavour of barbeque blended with red-hot spiciness will set you on fire. What better fusion of flavours can you ask for!! The Peri Peri BBQ Chicken Pizza is my ‘death by pizza.
- 2 red capsicums
- 70g (1/4 cup) no-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 pizza bases
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated Mainland Noble White reduced-fat cheddar
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- Micro coriander, to serve
- Preheat barbecue with a hood on medium. Spray capsicums with oil. Cook, turning, for 15-20 minutes or until charred. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Stand for 5 minutes. Peel and deseed. Thickly slice 1 1/2 capsicums. Process another half in a food processor until smooth. Place in a bowl and stir in yoghurt. Season.
- Meanwhile, process garlic, chilli, paprika and oregano until coarsely chopped. Add lemon juice and oil. Process until combined. Season. Transfer to a bowl and add chicken. Marinate for 10 minutes. Chargrill, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Slice and keep warm.
- Spray onion with oil. Chargrill, turning, for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Place pizza bases on 2 baking trays. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with capsicum and onion. Barbecue, with the hood closed, for 12-14 minutes or until the base is crisp and cheese melts.
- Top the pizzas with chicken, cucumber and coriander. Drizzle with capsicum yoghurt.
Use it up: Keep remaining lemon juice and freeze in ice-cube trays or sealable bags. This comes in handy for drinks, dressings or when making hummus.