If you are serving this pizza to egg lovers then you may want to add extra eggs and position them so that when cut into pieces each person gets a yolk. Just be careful, when you are cracking them on to the base, that they don’t ooze everywhere!
- 1 x 30-cm 112-in) Crispy pizza base
- 125gm (4fl oz) Quick classic tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 180g (6oz) baby spinach leaves, blanched and well drained
- 100g (31/2oz) mozzarella, sliced
- Grated fresh nutmeg
- 20g (1oz) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7. Prepare the pizza base so it is ready to be topped.
- Evenly spread the tomato sauce over the base leaving a 1-2-cm (1/2-3/4-in1 border uncovered around the edge. Scatter the garlic, spinach and mozzarella over the sauce. Finely grate a little nutmeg all over the pizza and sprinkle on the Parmesan and spring onion.
- Cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 6 minutes then open the oven, pull out the rack and quickly crack the eggs on to the centre of the pizza. Return to the oven and cook for a further 4-6 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Once cooked, drizzle with oil and a grind of black pepper then serve immediately.