Zucchini has become a favourite vegetable for kid-friendly recipes (given its zesty flavour and nutritional value), but did you know that it also makes a mean pizza? Indeed, Zucchini pizza is quickly becoming a favourite, and we have the perfect pizza recipe for preparing it at home in no time! And we’ll only need 1 for our 10-inch pizza.
As we considered a fun vegetable pizza recipe, we eventually chose zucchini as our premiere topping. After all, it really is a great-tasting vegetable packed with nutrition – and it blends perfectly with all of the essential elements of a tasty pizza recipe.
This, of course, begins with the scone base of our zucchini pizza. A scone crust adds not only flavour, but also a nice, fluffy texture. You can also use a quick scone base (our recommendation) to expedite the preparation time.
We also recommend adding a little ham to your zucchini pizza. Zucchini and ham make a match that’s hard to beat. So even if ham isn’t your favourite topping, you may want to give it a try this time before considering a substitute.
The base is topped off with a zesty tomato sauce. While this is a classic for pretty much every pizza recipe, we find that it matches the zucchini topping quite well. You can also feel free to prepare your own tomato sauce or purchase it ready to go from the grocery store; both options will work quite well.
As always, we’ll be topping off our zucchini pizza with grated cheddar cheese. While there are several cheese options to choose from, the flavour of cheddar blends really well with the zest of zucchini.
Despite being full of nutrition and zesty flavour, the zucchini pizza recipe is a surprisingly quick and easy pizza recipe to prepare. It only takes a few ingredients, blended largely as you’d expect, and can be prepared and baked all in less than half an hour.
- 1 x 25-cm (10-in) Quick scone base
- 60m1 (211 oz) Quick classic tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3 slices ham, chopped into cubes 50g (2oz) grated Cheddar cheese
- Prepare the Quick scone base so it is ready to be topped. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the base, leaving a lcm (1/tin) border around the edge. Evenly scatter the zucchini and ham over the sauce and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 12-16 minutes or until golden and cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.